Originally, this majestic stone was found about 2 km from the current location (airline) in the Dolín village, where he had been gazing for many millennia in the Central Bohemian Mountains and of course on the mysterious Říp mountain.
Chronicle recording: “On the road called Beřovka, no. 441/1, against parcel no. On the shore, he had stood for thousands of years, perhaps from the ice age on the layer of white sand and the finger of a so-called vicious rock. ”
At the beginning of 1932, he was moved from his original position to the design of Mr Václav Beránek, Chairman of the Civic Savings Bank in Slaný, to serve as a memorial to the 100th birth anniversary of Dr Miroslav Tyrš. According to chronicle records, the total length of the stone was measured at the transfer of 4.2 m and the weight was estimated at 13-15 tons. With this load, 6 pairs (!!!) horses and a steam car, called the town, were counselled during the transport.
On Tuesday, January 12, 1932, a vicious boulder was built by the builder Vilib. Heike of Slaný prepared to be loaded on the car. Iron bars were placed under it. On February 1, 1932, the stone boulder was slid down on a car that the Českomoravská Kolben – Daněk Factory gave for this purpose. There were iron boats on the track on this car. The original length of the boulder was 4.2 m and the largest width at the bottom of 2 m. The weight of this boulder was estimated at 130-150 metric cents. The boulder is a quartz patch of great hardness. On 2 February, using six pairs of horses, he was transported by a field route, about 60 m, to a switchboard. On February 3, six pairs of horses with two trucks were transported through the field road via Želevčice to the national road and then around the monastery to the district hospital. But as the frosts cleared, the roads and horse coats were softened, and the cars could not move any more. Also, pulling the car by the crane was not valid. On February 4, the locomotive arrived from the town of Jelena from Jesen, was built at the girls’ school and an interesting spectacle took place. The towed rope pulled out like a toy a huge load in a few minutes to school, then the town leaned to the S. K. Slavoj course, and so he repeated. Within three hours, our boulder came to the poplar alley. No more traffic was possible, as the logs of the lower part of the car were already heavily crushed by the enormous weight of the boulders. There were a lot of curious people on this transfer to watch interesting transport. The boulder car stayed nearly 6 Sundays in a poplar alley.
Only in mid-March, when the soil was partially thawed, a 1-meter deep pit for the cement base was excavated. Iron rods were inserted into the pedestal to obstruct the bottom of the boulder to achieve balance. Two sculptors took the boulder out of the wagon, cut off about 60 cm of uneven base and seated it on a cement pedestal on April 1, 1932. The shattered piece of stone was buried in the ground. Just before the menhire, which is visible to date, its upper part can be seen.
The memorial was handed over to the public at the great 100th Tyrs’ birthday on Sunday, September 18, 1932.