The menhir is located 60 m southeast of Normandeau windmill which gave it its name and about 300 m from the raised stone Charbonneau.
It consists of a granite block called “Tiffauges”, rock that outcrops in the surrounding fields and sometimes granite chaos. It is 5.95 m long. Fusiform, it presents at the top “a strong setback that seems due to the fall of a large fragment lying next to it”. He is now lying on the ground and according to Spal, he would have been in this position since 1847 at least.